Now is the time to get started on living your professional dream in 2018.
While it’s important to take some well-deserved down-time over the holidays, it’s also a great opportunity to kick-start your career progression for the coming year.
- Get that resume up-to-date – be concise, use dotpoints, use active voice, list accomplishments
- Make your resume look the part – add a professional photo of yourself, artwork and examples of your work, consider using an online graphic design tool such as Canva to make your resume standout
- Update your LinkedIn profile – use it as an online professional profile, use custom artwork, be creative, publish a few articles that demonstrate your expertise
- Check your social media presence from an employer’s perspective – is it representing the personal brand story you want to tell?
To get started using LinkedIn in your job search:
- Complete and update your profile
- Find and use connections
- Use job search options
- Add recommendations and referrals
At business2one we also recommend the following tips for LinkedIn success:
- Upload examples of your work to your profile, including images, videos etc
- Be creative, make your profile standout by rearranging the layout and using custom artwork that says something about you
- Self publish through LinkedIn to demonstrate your interests and skills
business2one has a number of affordable packages available to assist you to get your career on track for success in 2018.